Open banking providers Salt Edge and TrueLayer, which both count peer-to-peer lending platforms among their clients, have been named in the Fintech Power 50.
The Fintech Power 50 is an annual list of the 40 most innovative companies and 10 individuals shaping the fintech sector.
More than 1,200 companies were nominated this year and over 18,000 votes were cast. The final list was revealed live on stage at Fintech Week London on Monday 11 July 2022.
Salt Edge works with P2P platforms on the continent such as Slovakia’s Zlty Melon, Levenue in the Netherlands and Estonia’s Fagura.
Meanwhile, TrueLayer has worked with a number of UK P2P platforms.
In August 2020, Rebuildingsociety gained access to open banking for itself and its appointed representatives after its technology provider White Label Crowdfunding partnered with TrueLayer.
“The Fintech Power 50 annual list acts as a much-needed reminder of all the great things we are achieving in the world of financial technology, and shines a spotlight on those who are transforming financial services for the better,” said Mark Walker, co-founder and chief operating officer of The Fintech Power 50.
Read more: UK leads open banking surge across Europe
“It’s fantastic to be here at Fintech Week London to announce this year’s fabulous 50. Our prestigious guide continues to go from strength to strength with a record number of nominations and votes for fintechs based across the globe.”
Individuals on this year’s Fintech Power 50 include:
- Dr Leda Glyptis, chief client officer, 10x Future Technologies
- Ghela Boskovich, an expert on banking regulatory and innovation matters
- Ron Shevlin, chief research officer at Cornerstone Advisors
- Chris Skinner, an independent commentator on the financial markets
Other companies on this year’s list include:
- Cushon – a fintech providing workplace pensions and savings solutions
- Trulioo – a global identity verification service
- Weavr – a provider of plug-and-play financial services
- Moneyhub – a data and payments fintech that provides open finance solutions
- SmartStream – a company in financial transaction management solutions